incubator-general mailing list archives

From Wade Chandler <wadechand...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [LAZY] Letting anyone invite on Slack
Date Sat, 14 Oct 2017 12:03:50 GMT
We do this with ours:

https://netbeans.signup.team

The Slack guys are the ones who even told us to. There is no theoretical
limit according to them. You just have to manage the outstanding invites,
and clean them up if there are a bunch where folks did not finish out the
process. If you do not, then invites won't work until you do after some
critical mass.

We also use a bot to do this, which the Slack folks recommended us do:
https://netbeans.slackarchive.io

There are probably some OSS bots ASF could use to do this and other things
for such systems to keep full data logs inside ASF; own the data forever.

We also have a channel linked to our IRC channel where we can monitor and
help with it from Slack.

Anyways, it all seems to work great so far.

Thanks

Wade