incubator-general mailing list archives

From Matteo Merli <mme...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Pulsar 1.20.0-incubating Release Candidate 0
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2017 19:33:35 GMT
On Sun, Oct 8, 2017 at 10:04 PM Justin Mclean <justinmclean@me.com> wrote:

> I also checked the binary and while the LICENSE looks good the NOTICE is
> missing information from other ALv2 bundled items. [1][2] Please fix for
> the next release.

Hi Justin,
I think I have misunderstood your comment on the previous Pulsar release :
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/c79ae36fdc1f734337a4f706117be87f4c4c568f87605c59ff4c3a96@%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E

That's in response to this that we did remove the mentions in the NOTICE
file :)
( https://github.com/apache/incubator-pulsar/pull/677 )

We're not really 100% clear from the licensing howto on how the NOTICE
should look like, and initially I have checked many different TLPs NOTICES
files and each uses different ways to compile the NOTICE file.

Initially, for the binary distribution NOTICE file, we had included the
NOTICE of each of the bundled jars. In most cases it was something like:

Guava
Copyright (C) 2010 The Guava Authors

Is that a good approach? Should that be done for ALv2 dependencies only or
for all dependencies?

Thank you,
Matteo

--