incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <justinmcl...@me.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Pulsar 1.20.0-incubating Release Candidate 0
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2017 20:56:59 GMT
Hi,

> I think I have misunderstood your comment on the previous Pulsar release :
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/c79ae36fdc1f734337a4f706117be87f4c4c568f87605c59ff4c3a96@%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E

Which was referring to the source NOTICE file, we talking about the convince binary here which
bundles a lot more items.

> Initially, for the binary distribution NOTICE file, we had included the
> NOTICE of each of the bundled jars.

That would be a good start but it likely to include information that’s not needed - it best
to keep the notice file short. Only required notices are needed here [1], in most cases that
should just be relocation of copyright notices. [2] Take a look at each bundled ALv2 licensed
NOTICE file and see what needs to be copied.

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#required-third-party-notices
2. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#mod-notice