incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jim Apple <jbap...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Podlings & Apache Project Maturity Model (was RE: [DISCUSS] Graduate Apache RocketMQ from podling to TLP)
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2017 15:04:05 GMT
>  I'll be honest, I have no idea why they
> think they have to do it, but they do it.

I suspect it is because projects are motivated to graduate and believe
that one or more people on the IPMC with -1 their graduation if they
do not complete the model and put a check mark in every box.

I suspect they believe this because they see other discussions or
votes on this mailing list end up with -1 votes (or "fix it for your
next release" statements) that they believe go beyond the official
policy requirements of the issue at question.