incubator-general mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Graduate Apache RocketMQ from podling to TLP
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2017 19:30:30 GMT
On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 1:06 PM, John D. Ament <johndament@apache.org> wrote:
> ...please understand that the Apache Maturity Model is something that
> helps the com dev team evaluate TLPs against.  Its relevance to a
> graduating podling is extremely small...

FWIW, I disagree...I think the maturity model is a great tool to help
discover areas that podlings might have neglected in their work
towards graduation.

It's not THE single tool to evaluate TLP readiness, but I wouldn't
qualify its relevance as "extremely small".

(John - maybe we agree on the core, but I just reread the model and love it ;-)

-Bertrand