incubator-general mailing list archives

From Matteo Merli <mme...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Pulsar 1.19.0-incubating Release Candidate 0
Date Sat, 05 Aug 2017 00:08:03 GMT
On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 1:13 PM P. Taylor Goetz <ptgoetz@gmail.com> wrote:

> > On Aug 4, 2017, at 3:10 PM, Josh Elser <elserj@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > It looks like you're missing a Copyright propagation for work by Trevor
> Robinson in your NOTICE file. The license headers are for ASL (you are
> correct to have omitted this from LICENSE), but I believe you still need to
> propagate the copyright notice to your NOTICE in the src release for the
> "com/scurrilous/circe" work you include in src-form.
>

> In addition to what Josh mentioned, should Yahoo be listed in the NOTICE
> file? I know it has been listed in other projects Yahoo has contributed to.
>
> -Taylor

I haven't see any mention of this in policy guidelines for the NOTICE file.

My personal assumption was that copyright was transferred from Yahoo to the
ASF when the grant was submitted.

In any case, we'll be very happy to add a Yahoo copyright line in the
NOTICE file to mention the "historical" provenance of the code, if that is
deemed appropriate.

Thank you,
Matteo

--