incubator-general mailing list archives

From Von Gosling <vongosl...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Urgent: Regarding Java package name change to org.apache.*
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2017 02:03:13 GMT
> Or to put it a different way: during your eventual graduation this
> question will be
> asked and you better have a really, really good explanation if you're
> still using
> something other than o.a.

In fact, Apache RocketMQ Community has ever struggle with this issue. Consider more than 100
subsidiary corporations and 1000+ applications using rocketmq 3.x version(before incubator,
not naming org.apache.*), we are not planning to change the package originally until some
new version changed dramatically. On the other hand, we resort to maven shade to workaround
for backwards incompatibility. So, I are very pleased to introduce this way for guys, if we
hope to avoid the cost of downstream migrations and backwards incompatibility :-)

Best Regards
Von Gosling