incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache SPOT 1.0-incubating
Date Fri, 04 Aug 2017 23:37:03 GMT
Hi,

+1 binding

I checked:
- name includes incubating
- hashes and signatures correct
- DISCLAIMER exists
- LICENSE is missing a few permissive licensed bundled items. Please fix for the next release
- NOTICE is good
- no unexpected binary files
- all source files have ASF headers
- Could compile from source (by running sbt assembly in spot_ml)

Please include instruction on how to compile/build the release candidate.

With the license it maybe a good idea rather than referring to anther license file it would
be better to just include it if it is short OR when referencing to the other license file(s)
at least mention what license it is.

LICENSE is missing:
- MIT licensed code here [1]
- Public domain license material here [2][3]

In the README the Maintainers section in the read me seems a little odd to me. I would also
put the dev and users mailing lists (which are missing) above the slack channel for community
support. The link for JIRA also needs fixing (should be just https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SPOT).

Thanks,
Justin

1. spot-oa/ui/flow/js/lib/ChordMapper.js
2. spot-oa/ui/flow/world-110m.json
3. http://www.naturalearthdata.com/about/terms-of-use/