incubator-general mailing list archives

From William Guo <gu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Griffin-0.1.5-incubating [rc2]
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2017 02:53:42 GMT
hi Justin, Henry:

Yes, we run Rat and it didn't complain much.

Anyway, thanks for pointing out, we will replace it with the right ASF license header.

Thanks,

William

________________________________
From: Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com>
Sent: Friday, July 7, 2017 9:11:15 AM
To: general@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Griffin-0.1.5-incubating [rc2]

Hi,

> Just confirm , you mean ASF license header as below is wrong , after double check, I
do see this ASF license header in griffin. I don't remember where this license comes from.

It’s likely that the files were either original from a 3rd party or someone copied the license
header out of the LICENSE file.

Note that the ASF has different header requirements for ASF projects [1] and for 3rd parties
using the ASF license. [2]

Rat doesn’t pick up this issue btw so it can be easily missed.

Given that the NOTICE file clearly states the ASF the copyright holder wouldn’t this issue
be more in the fix in the next release basket?

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#headers
2. http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html#apply