incubator-general mailing list archives

From Bolke de Bruin <bdbr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Airflow 1.8.2 (incubating)
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2017 13:57:07 GMT
Hi Justin,

That’s for the whole project nvd3, which was then also dual licensed APL2. Next to that
this file has existed only for two months in this repository:

Bolkes-MacBook-Pro:nvd3 bolke$ git log --all --full-history -- GPL-LICENSE.v3.txt
commit 8e52a5743e843015495da495f83153ac5552edf3
Author: Bob Monteverde <bobmonteverde@gmail.com>
Date:   Wed May 23 15:58:58 2012 -0400

    Removing old GPL license

commit 2f017c2e0d12f778de6259395f1be4ed4485bd6d
Author: Bob Monteverde <bobmonteverde@gmail.com>
Date:   Wed Mar 21 17:16:43 2012 -0400

    Added added generic gitignore, and added license files.

The patch that contains “bullet.js” was committed on Wed May 25 (https://github.com/novus/nvd3/commit/b7670eeaffe45a23bae1797306750c2b6ae8bcce
<https://github.com/novus/nvd3/commit/b7670eeaffe45a23bae1797306750c2b6ae8bcce>), thus
after the removal of the GPL-license file, and specifically states it is copied from d3-examples
which is BSD licensed.

Only two authors were active during/before the dual APL/GPL period: Bob Monteverde, Nathanael
Anderson.

Do we need to seek more reaffirmation? I am reaching out to the original author in the meantime.

Cheers
Bolke

> On 6 Jul 2017, at 15:11, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> I have looked at the history of nvd3 “bullet” implementation and its history
says it is copied from d3-examples (https://github.com/novus/nvd3/commit/b7670eeaffe45a23bae1797306750c2b6ae8bcce
<https://github.com/novus/nvd3/commit/b7670eeaffe45a23bae1797306750c2b6ae8bcce>)  which
is located at: https://github.com/d3/d3-plugins/blob/master/bullet/bullet.js <https://github.com/d3/d3-plugins/blob/master/bullet/bullet.js>
, this is authored by the same author as the “protovis” version, but is licensed under
a BSD 3 clause: https://github.com/d3/d3-plugins/blob/master/LICENSE.