incubator-general mailing list archives

From Mike Walch <mwa...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Fluo graduation as TLP
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2017 13:38:21 GMT
> Code reviews happens after the fact but sometimes a wild idea needs to
be discussed and fleshed out for a while before code can be written.
> Could you provide an example of such a discussion? Links to the
relevant messages are good enough, just to understand how/where things
happen.

Developers typically create a GitHub issue if they have a wild idea.
Discussion happens on the issue.  If someone decides to do the work, they
can mention the issue in their pull request.

This can happen using email but I prefer communication on GitHub (or a
similar tool like GitLab) due to the seamless linking between issues, pull
requests (i.e code reviews), and commits. I find it much easier to view all
communication regarding a commit or an issue if everything is done on
GitHub rather than a combination of tools (like email, JIRA, review board,
etc).

Below is a link to our the most commented issues from all Fluo repositories
to give you examples of our work flow:

https://github.com/search?o=desc&p=1&q=is%3Aissue+repo%3Aapache%2Fincubator-fluo+repo%3Aapache%2Fincubator-fluo-recipes+repo%3Aapache%2Fincubator-fluo-website+&s=comments&type=Issues&utf8=%E2%9C%93