incubator-general mailing list archives

From James Bognar <jamesbog...@apache.org>
Subject Guidance on copyrights in sample code.
Date Mon, 03 Jul 2017 21:37:31 GMT
Need some quick guidance.

On the release vote for Juneau 6.3.0, Justin Mclean made this note...
"There's a number of "Copyright (c) 2016, Apache Foundation” in the
documentation you may want to update the year."

I tracked it down to sample code where the copyright statement itself was
sample code.  (i.e. showing how to create an ATOM feed with an embedded
copyright statement).

Can I change it to the following so that it's not flagged in the future?

"Copyright (c) 2001, Apache Foobar Foundation”

Or better ideas?