incubator-general mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Fluo graduation as TLP
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2017 07:20:47 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 4:29 PM, Christopher <ctubbsii@apache.org> wrote:
> ...As a project which was born and raised on GitHub, Fluo makes very heavy use
> of the issue tracker for day to day decision making and asyncronous
> discussions, using GitHub issues and pull requests....

Ok, thanks for explaining.

> ...We're a R-t-C
> community, and a lot of that discussion occurs during code reviews on the
> issue tracker....

Code reviews happens after the fact but sometimes a wild idea needs to
be discussed and fleshed out for a while before code can be written.

Could you provide an example of such a discussion? Links to the
relevant messages are good enough, just to understand how/where things
happen.

I don't think this has impact on the Fluo graduation but I'd like to
understand better as I suppose your communication patterns are common
for projects born on GitHub. It's important IMO that the Incubator
understands them, to be able to evaluate whether our podlings are run
in a way that's compatible with the ASF view on asynchronous open
discussions.

-Bertrand