incubator-general mailing list archives

From Matthew Hayes <mha...@apache.org>
Subject Fwd: [VOTE] Apache DataFu graduation proposal
Date Sat, 29 Jul 2017 00:58:33 GMT
FYI, the community vote is starting.

Thanks,
Matt

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Matthew Hayes <matthew.terence.hayes@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Jul 28, 2017 at 5:49 PM
Subject: [VOTE] Apache DataFu graduation proposal
To: DataFu <dev@datafu.incubator.apache.org>

Hi all,

Given the positive discussion about Apache DataFu graduating from
Incubator, I would like to open a vote.  Referring to the checklist at
https://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#graduation_check_list,

   - Status file at http://incubator.apache.org/projects/datafu.html is up
   to date
   - Podling name search for DataFu was completed https://issues.apach
   e.org/jira/browse/PODLINGNAMESEARCH-48
   <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PODLINGNAMESEARCH-48>
   - Demonstrated Apache releases through releasing 1.3.0, 1.3.1, and 1.3.2
   - Community seems ready to graduate according to
   https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DATAFU/Maturity+Evaluation
   <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DATAFU/Maturity+Evaluation>
   - I don't know of any remaining issues from mentors or IPMC

I propose that Apache DataFu graduate from incubator and become a top-level
project.  The proposed graduation resolution can be found at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DATAFU/Graduation+Resolution.

The vote will be open for 72 hours (ends on July 31st 6 pm PST).

[ ] +1 approve of graduation
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

My vote: +1

If this vote passes then the next step is an Incubator PMC vote.  I will
forward this email to the Incubator general list as an FYI that the vote is
taking place.

-Matt