incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Griffin-0.1.5-incubating [rc2]
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2017 01:11:15 GMT
Hi,

> Just confirm , you mean ASF license header as below is wrong , after double check, I
do see this ASF license header in griffin. I don't remember where this license comes from.

It’s likely that the files were either original from a 3rd party or someone copied the license
header out of the LICENSE file.

Note that the ASF has different header requirements for ASF projects [1] and for 3rd parties
using the ASF license. [2]

Rat doesn’t pick up this issue btw so it can be easily missed.

Given that the NOTICE file clearly states the ASF the copyright holder wouldn’t this issue
be more in the fix in the next release basket?

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#headers
2. http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html#apply