incubator-general mailing list archives

From Dale LaBossiere <dlab...@apache.org>
Subject podling artifacts in maven: GAV names, disclaimer?
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2017 15:10:46 GMT
Hi,

What are the requirements on group, artifact, version coordinates for podling artifacts in
a maven repo with respect to “incubating” tagging?

Generally, [1] indicates a requirement to include “incubating” in release bundle names.
We (Edgent) did that for our convenience binary bundle too, but not the jars in the bundle.

We’re now working towards releasing individual convenience binaries (jars) in maven central.
The general info on maven repo artifacts [2] and [3] doesn’t add any clarity and I can’t
locate any incubator specific info on the coordinates.

Also, must each binary release artifact jar contain the disclaimer?

Thanks,
— Dale

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/policy/incubation.html#releases <http://incubator.apache.org/policy/incubation.html#releases>
[2] http://www.apache.org/dev/repository-faq.html <http://www.apache.org/dev/repository-faq.html>