incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Griffin 0.1.5-incubating [rc1]
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2017 04:23:41 GMT
Hi,

> We made big change since we bundled some 3rd party sources in our artifacts before, which
was not right,
> so, we remove those JavaScript files(toaster, charts, etc).

It fine to bundle things as long as the ASF license policy is followed.

> We are not good at license issue, what is your advice for following two cases?

Your mentors should be able to help you here but I’ll answer as well.

> 1 Not sure where this is right way to handle those JavaScript dependencies license issue
as above.

You need to add tree view MIT license info to the LICENSE file if it is bundled. [1] I would
just remove LICENSE.md as it’s not correct and it easier to keep one file up to date than
two but that’s up to you.

> 2 How to handle background.jpg?

In order to know that you need to find answers to the following. Where did the file come from?
Who owns the copyright on it and how is it licensed? Do you have permission to use and distribute
it?

You also need to ask those some question about the test data files pointed out in the last
RC.

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#permissive-deps