incubator-general mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Migrating to the New Incubator Website
Date Sat, 17 Jun 2017 12:53:32 GMT
On 17 June 2017 at 13:35, John D. Ament <johndament@apache.org> wrote:
> All,
>
> I'd like to start the process to move forward on a new incubator website.
> Based on discussions in the past on list, I wanted to do the following:

I missed those, so some of my comments may be unnecessary ...

> - Roll out a new technology stack + repository

Is this going to be documented somewhere?

> - Leave content in place, while we work later on content enhancements
>
> For right now, I'm planning to leave the existing /projects and
> /ip-clearance in place.  My hope is that we may not need them in the future.

/projects files are currently referenced from lots of places.

This includes retired podling website urls which redirect to the
relevant projects/podling.html file.
These are set up as permanent redirects in .htaccess files.

The list of graduated and retired projects needs to be accessible.

> The website staging area can be seen here:
> https://incubator.apache.org/ngtest/
> The git repository for the site can be seen here:
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/jbake-site
> (with
> github mirror at https://github.com/apache/incubator/tree/jbake-site )
>
> I'd like to get some final feedback on the layout and colors (not the
> content).

The layout and colours seem fine to me, but I was happy with the
present layout (which was redone not that long ago?)

All existing (major) URLs should continue to work to avoid
invalidating bookmarks.