incubator-general mailing list archives

From Dan Kirkwood <dang...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Traffic Control 2.0.0 incubating (RC6)
Date Wed, 28 Jun 2017 22:09:26 GMT
Justin,  the build instructions are there in BUILD.md,  which
references the above non-existent link (it will exist once we release)
and the rst file local to the source tree:
docs/source/development/building.rst

Those few copyright issues did slip by us -- filing an issue to get
that corrected for the next release.

thanks.. Dan

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 6:56 PM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> +0 binding as I can’t build from source and no instructions provided.
>
> I will change to +1 when I can compile/ you raise a JIRA to add instructions on how to
build.

> I checked:
> - signatures and hashes good
> - DISCLAIMER exists
> - LICENSE good
> - NOTICE OK . You can remove the information about the fonts in there it’s not needed.
> - No unexpected binary files
> - All source files have headers (there's a few script files and other files that could
also have headers)
> - can't build from source
>
> when running the build.sh script it eventually fails with this error
>
> cp: ./build/*.spec: No such file or directory
> Could not copy spec files: 1
> traffic_stats failed:
> The following subdirectories had errors:
>    traffic_monitor
>    traffic_monitor_golang
>    traffic_ops
>    traffic_portal
>    traffic_router
>    traffic_stats
>
> Has perhaps something not been included in the release or is my environment not set up
correctly?

> It would be nice to include the build instructions in the build itself. I believe this
has come up before. By providing a URL it means that the content of that URL may change for
future releases and people would be unable to build this release. In fact the URL in the documentation
is incorrect [1] and currently 404s which is less than helpful.