incubator-general mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: couple issues with graduation doc
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2017 03:08:09 GMT
On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 9:55 PM, John D. Ament <johndament@apache.org>
wrote:

> Greg,
>
> On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 6:04 PM Greg Stein <gstein@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hey all,
> >
> > There appears to be some confusion around graduation because the current
> > doc[1] isn't very clear on the steps the new TLP needs to take.
> >
> > A big one is that the right INFRA tickets aren't being filed because
> there
> > isn't a pointer to the graduation servicedesk[2].
> >

> From your POV, who is actually supposed to submit those tickets and when?
> I had assumed the "Congratulations on your new role" email was the trigger
> point, but that none of this should be done until a director presses the
> button.

I would suggest anyone from the newly-graduated PMC should submit those
tickets. We can easily de-dup if the PMC didn't deconflict on who would
take point.

The email you note is sent by the Secretary. Nominally, the Secretary also
"presses the button" that informs Infra that X and Y have graduated, but
that automated plumbing is a bit broken at the moment. No biggy, as Infra
is always at the meetings, so we know who graduated (or not).

We do not expect the Secretary or Infra to file the graduation tickets.
That is and has always been left to the community and its decision of
timing.

(a separate matter is de-incubation, which is out of our hands, and I would
suggest is up to the IPMC to set policy, even against the timing wishes of
the new TLP)

> A small one is that it talks about updating www.a.o front page with
> > obsolete language about templates/blocks/projects.mdtext.
> >

> What page is that?

Same page [1].

More specifically:
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#transfer ... item 3.2.

And I just realized that item 6 is wrong, as we just went through this
today for another TLP. Infra will "svn mv" the dev/release areas from
dist/incubator/ to dist/${TLP}/ ... so no cleanup is needed since it is
moved.

> Could somebody fix up the doc?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > -g