incubator-general mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@adobe.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Migration of Podling Maintenance Tooling to Whimsy
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2017 08:33:47 GMT
+1

Particularly as these are not day-to-day but every-now-and-then tasks ..

Regards
Felix

> Am 05.06.2017 um 17:32 schrieb Julian Hyde <jhyde@apache.org>:
>
> +1
>
> It moves us towards a self-service (dare I say “github-like”) experience for podlings,
and that is always good.

> Furthermore, if there are choices to be made (e.g. svnpubsub vs. CMS) I think the tooling
should strongly encourage them to take the “standard” option. Maybe it doesn’t even
present the other option(s) at all. When my project was going through incubation I was forever
worried about stepping on some infrastructure landmine and as a result did nothing for several
months.