incubator-general mailing list archives

From Chris Mattmann <mattm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ASF hosted binaries collecting user data without an explicit opt-in
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2017 14:55:32 GMT
Makes sense to me.

Cheers,
Chris

On 6/8/17, 1:42 AM, "Greg Stein" <gstein@gmail.com> wrote:

    On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 3:10 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz <
    bdelacretaz@codeconsult.ch> wrote:

    > On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 10:01 AM, Raphael Bircher
    > <rbircherapache@gmail.com> wrote:
    > > Am .06.2017, 09:43 Uhr, schrieb Bertrand Delacretaz
    > > <bdelacretaz@codeconsult.ch>:
    > >> ...Am I missing something?
    > >
    > > Yea, as far as I know it is in a old version who is in the archive,
    > right. I
    > > think this makes some difference...
    >
    > Ah yes you're right, we might want to pull the old binaries from the
    > archive as well, in addition to the changes that I suggested.

    In the specific case of Apache Ignite's invocation of that URL and passing
    along certain data ... that is no longer relevant, even for OLD versions,
    as the Foundation currently controls the ignite.run domain (and host). That
    host will no longer resolve, so no HTTP request will be performed, and
    (certainly) no data will be collected from old/new versions of Apache
    Ignite.

    Cheers,
    Greg Stein
    Infrastructure Administrator, ASF