incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Apache Incubator and durable_rules
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2017 08:26:47 GMT
Hi,

> 2.  The project uses MIT license and has a code dependency on two BSD licensed libraries,
is it possible to migrate the license?

My understanding is you'll need to get permission from the community and any IP owners (probably
including the company you work for depending on your contact with them) that it would be OK
to relicense it under the Apache 2.0 license and bring it to Apache. Given they are compatible
permissive licenses and the community wants to bring it to Apache that’s is likely fine.

Apache projects can rely on BSD (as is MIT) licensed software as the licenses are compatible
[1] so there’s no issue there.

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-a