incubator-general mailing list archives

From Gour Saha <gs...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Call for a new mentor for Apache Slider
Date Wed, 24 May 2017 18:14:19 GMT
Apache Slider is at a transition phase from being an independent incubator project into Apache
Hadoop as a module. The Apache Slider and Apache Hadoop team has been working together on
this for the past 1 year or so. During this transition the Apache Slider incubating code will
continue to be supported, of course with fewer releases mainly with bug fixes and no major
features.

At this interesting phase in Apache Slider's lifecycle, we are occasionally missing mentor
sign-offs on our reports. So we are looking for an additional mentor who can assist the Slider
community and the project through the remainder of this transition into Apache Hadoop.

Kindly let us know if you are interested in this role.

-Gour