incubator-general mailing list archives

From Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vino...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Call for a new mentor for Apache Slider
Date Wed, 24 May 2017 18:23:26 GMT
I am from Hadoop PMC and am involved a bit in these transition.

If the idea is to continue doing bug-fix releases on Apache Slider incubator, you can count
me in.

Thanks
+Vinod

> On May 24, 2017, at 11:14 AM, Gour Saha <gsaha@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
> Apache Slider is at a transition phase from being an independent incubator project into
Apache Hadoop as a module. The Apache Slider and Apache Hadoop team has been working together
on this for the past 1 year or so. During this transition the Apache Slider incubating code
will continue to be supported, of course with fewer releases mainly with bug fixes and no
major features.

> At this interesting phase in Apache Slider's lifecycle, we are occasionally missing mentor
sign-offs on our reports. So we are looking for an additional mentor who can assist the Slider
community and the project through the remainder of this transition into Apache Hadoop.