incubator-general mailing list archives

From "John D. Ament" <johndam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Apache SystemML podling graduation
Date Tue, 09 May 2017 17:59:51 GMT
On Sat, May 6, 2017 at 6:26 PM Henri Yandell <henri@yandell.org> wrote:

> +1. Sounds like it's passed time to discuss graduation.
>
> There's no such thing as a perfect release, and the measure of a community
> is not its ability to make a perfect release, but its ability to deal with,
> and learn from, a release issue.

Measuring a community isn't the only part of graduation.  Verifying that
they know how to create a release is part of that process.  While there is
no perfect release, we do expect all licensing issues to be cleared up by
the time they graduate, and the current release indicates they are not.
The fact that they want to have a follow up release to fix them indicates
that they think they're still incubating.