incubator-general mailing list archives

From "John D. Ament" <johndam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Airflow 1.8.1 (incubating)
Date Sun, 07 May 2017 21:08:37 GMT
+1, however there's a few issues with the LICENSE file:

- Would be good to list out the locations of each file (or path to a group
of files) (some have this, and others do not so its hard to follow)
- There's errant /* .. */ around each license declaration, which should be
removed.
- Missing license bodies for FooTable v2, jQuery Clock Plugin,

Likewise, your NOTICE has copyright 2011-2017, however Airflow hasn't been
incubating that long.  If you like, you can give origination notices to the
original creators here to specify the original copyright dates.

I would challenge the podling to see if there's a way to simplify their
LICENSE by instead using npm or some other javascript packaging tool to
build a distribution, rather than shipping the dependencies in the source
release, makes it much easier to use.

As the podling matures, would be good to see information about the author
switch from an individual to a community (in setup.cfg, its already in
setup.py so may have been a miss)

It would be great to see a binary distribution in the next vote to see how
that may work, its not clear how to build it from this.  Likewise, don't
hesitate to clean up your old release artifacts, I downloaded the wrong
artifact at first.

John