incubator-general mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: private list subscriptions
Date Tue, 23 May 2017 10:38:51 GMT
On 22 May 2017 at 21:40, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net> wrote:
> On Mon, May 22, 2017 at 3:42 PM, Jim Jagielski <jim@jagunet.com> wrote:
>>
>>> On May 22, 2017, at 12:43 PM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Whimsy auto-subscribe only allows committers to use their ASF address
>>> or the ones listed in thei LDAP record.

FTR, the mail address attributes in LDAP (and id.a.o) are:

mail: - where ASF mail is sent ("Forwarding email address")
asf-altEmail: alternate emails for subscriptions etc ("Alias address")

The above can be changed (or new entries added) in id.a.o.

[The asf-committer-email entry is a special entry holding the user's
ASF e-mail address.
This is not visible in id.a.o, and cannot be changed]