incubator-general mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: Good examples of licensing in ASF produced web apps?
Date Fri, 26 May 2017 23:39:38 GMT
On Fri, May 26, 2017 at 4:37 PM, John D. Ament <johndament@apache.org> wrote:
> I'll point out that Ranger graduated the incubator with a less than stellar
> release history.  [1] is a good example of such problems
>
> Oozie predates me.
>
> But to answer the original question, no, the requirements shouldn't be any
> less stringent on WAR files vs other packages, its a closed package that is
> hard to look at and needs to indicate everything within it.  While both of
> these projects were incubating, they are no longer incubating and you
> should follow up with them directly if you want them to fix their licensing.

I do -- but that gets me back to my original question -- what example
can I give them?

Seriously -- at this point -- I'm about to go to Maven central and
search for org.apache.*
artifacts with war as packaging and see what comes up in terms of
recent releases.

However, if somebody can spare me this agony -- I'd appreciate it ;-)

Thanks,
Roman.