incubator-general mailing list archives

From "P. Taylor Goetz" <ptgo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Pulsar - proposal for Apache Incubation
Date Thu, 11 May 2017 18:32:29 GMT
I’d be willing to mentor as well.

-Taylor

> On May 11, 2017, at 2:29 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> Hi All -
>
> That's 2 mentors. Is there a third?
>
> Regards,
> Dave
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On May 6, 2017, at 7:10 AM, Jim Jagielski <jim@jaguNET.com> wrote:
>>
>> To be clear, yes, I would.
>>
>>> On May 5, 2017, at 11:51 AM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi -
>>>
>>> Anyone else interested in mentoring?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Dave
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPhone

some of the steps needed in Incubation particularly:

new from outside the initial committers.
need to be there for a review over a few rotations of the planet. I mentioned BFDLs not being
what is wanted and told the 10 year old story of POI’s OOXML flame.
be preferred on clusters. Some are currently proprietary. I’m not sure what Apache Infra
currently supports so negotiation is required.

be asking technical questions. IMO this is not appropriate to an Incubator discussion. Anything
that surfaces that is appropriate can be brought back to this discussion.

working with development teams in Moscow and India.

email threads to totally blow up.

 I'll

 Our