incubator-general mailing list archives

From Craig Russell <apache....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE]: Apache Weex-incubating Release 0.12.0-RC3
Date Thu, 04 May 2017 01:22:50 GMT
I also must vote -1 on this release.

clr% find . -name "*.jar"
./android/playground/gradle/wrapper/gradle-wrapper.jar
./android/sdk/gradle/wrapper/gradle-wrapper.jar
./android/sdk/license/license-gradle-plugin-0.12.1.jar
./android/sdk/license/maven-license-plugin-1.10.b1.jar
./android/sdk/license/plexus-utils-3.0.24.jar
./android/weex_debug/gradle/wrapper/gradle-wrapper.jar
./android/weex_debug/libs/classes.jar
./scripts/apache-rat-0.12.jar

1. These jar files are not source and must not appear in the source release.

2. I appreciate the effort involved in compiling the POSSIBLE-NOTICES-FOR-BIN-DIST. But looking
into these dependencies I am troubled by the difficulty actually finding the licenses of the
projects.

For example, the "possible notice" for animaitonjs (possible typo here) refers to https://www.npmjs.com/package/animationjs
from which it is impossible (ok, perhaps possible but I could not find a link)  to find the
actual project.

References to npmjs in this entire file should be removed and replaced by references to the
home of the project. (Not relevant for this release because the files are not actually being
distributed.)

3. The java source files in android/commons/src are still in the com.alibaba name space. Assuming
that these are actually weex source files, they must be repackaged to org.apache.

4. The javascript source files in playground/app/src are missing the license header. They
have a style that I do not recognize. Are these generated files?  The first several lines
of storage-demo.js:

/******/ (function(modules) { // webpackBootstrap
/******/ 	// The module cache
/******/ 	var installedModules = {};

/******/ 	// The require function
/******/ 	function __webpack_require__(moduleId) {

/******/ 		// Check if module is in cache
/******/ 		if(installedModules[moduleId])
/******/ 			return installedModules[moduleId].exports;

5. The java files in playground/app/src/main/java_zxing are in the com.google name space.
They have a google license header.

6. The packages/weex-html5 contains LICENSE and NOTICE files. These should be in the top level
directory of the release.

7. The scripts/rh contains LICENSE and NOTICE files. These should be in the top level directory
of the release.

8. There is an executable file that doesn't belong:

clr% ls -l start
-rwxr-xr-x@ 1 clr  staff  161 Apr 27 20:34 start

9. There is an executable gradlew in sdk/gradle that doesn't belong in a source release.

10. There are shared objects in sdk/libs that don't belong in a source release.

11. There are NOTICE and LICENSE files in ios/sdk that seem to be unix executable files.

clr% ls -l ios/sdk
total 40
-rwxr-xr-x@  1 clr  staff  11343 Apr 27 20:34 LICENSE
-rwxr-xr-x@  1 clr  staff    575 Apr 27 20:34 NOTICE

12. The README.md doesn't tell me how to build/use org.apache.weex. The first several lines
refer to third-party projects from Alibaba and cocoapods. How do I use the Apache project?

Craig

Craig L Russell
clr@apache.org