incubator-general mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@adobe.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Good examples of licensing in ASF produced web apps?
Date Sat, 27 May 2017 11:47:13 GMT
Hi Roman

As has been mentioned by others, I would not think there is any relaxation. At the end of
the day, it is something we build and distribute. So not having appropriate LICENSE and NOTICE
(and probably DEPENDENCIES) is a no-go.

Having said that: The default Maven WAR plugin is just bundling the transitive clousure dependencies
of the project, which if you don’t pay attention is half of the internet. JAR hell live.

Apache Sling also distributes WAR files. The difference here is that it is built with a custom-built
plugin because essentially Sling only uses the servlet container as a container and manages
its own deployment through an OSGi framework.

For example http://www-eu.apache.org/dist/sling/org.apache.sling.launchpad-8-webapp.war

Regards
Felix