incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Pulsar - proposal for Apache Incubation
Date Sat, 06 May 2017 14:10:00 GMT
To be clear, yes, I would.

> On May 5, 2017, at 11:51 AM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> Hi -
>
> Anyone else interested in mentoring?
>
> Regards,
> Dave
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On May 1, 2017, at 4:55 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>> Hi -
>>
>> I had a discussion with Joe and another gentleman involved in Pulsar.
>>
>> They asked how long incubation takes. I answered that it depends. We reviewed some
of the steps needed in Incubation particularly:

>> - Release process with correct LICENSE and NOTICE
>> - Community building requirement - especially accepting and promoting someone new
from outside the initial committers.
>> - Everything on the ML meaning decisions which might be made in conversation need
to be there for a review over a few rotations of the planet. I mentioned BFDLs not being what
is wanted and told the 10 year old story of POI’s OOXML flame.
>> - Build infrastructure questions regarding unit tests some of which will be preferred
on clusters. Some are currently proprietary. I’m not sure what Apache Infra currently supports
so negotiation is required.

>> I think that there is a good chance for a diverse community that will not be wholly
dependent on Yahoo.

>> End result - I am willing to sign up as a Mentor for Pulsar.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Dave
>>
>>> On Apr 28, 2017, at 7:56 AM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi John,
>>>
>>> I am trying to decide if I personally wish to mentor Pulsar and will be asking
technical questions. IMO this is not appropriate to an Incubator discussion. Anything that
surfaces that is appropriate can be brought back to this discussion.

>>> There is no intension to subvert Incubator process.
>>>
>>> I certainly understand asynchronous global teams. I've spent many years working
with development teams in Moscow and India.

>>> We can have a separate discussion about how misunderstandings can cause email
threads to totally blow up.

>>> Regards,
>>> Dave
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPhone