incubator-general mailing list archives

From Joe Witt <joe.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache Metron - licensing question
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2017 13:31:50 GMT
Jon,

It is always best to get definitive legal guidance from legal discuss.

This case is only complicated in that it sounds like the author
originally created the code in the metron codebase under ASLv2.  Then
copied it to another location under BSD 3-Clause.  Then each copy
evolved a little.  Now you want to merge them.  Ultimately it sounds
workable since we're talking about two Cat-A licenses compatible as
source or binary dependencies.

Thanks
Joe