incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Return Log4cxx to the Logging Services project
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2017 05:14:06 GMT
I figured out how to see the issue - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-13651 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-13651>.
 It seems it is in a status of waiting for user but the reporter has no way to kick it back
to infra. It has been sitting there for over a week.

Ralph

> On Apr 5, 2017, at 10:10 PM, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:
>
> No. To be honest, I’m not 100% sure if the community wants to move to git or not and
I am not quite sure what the process is to move from svn to git without losing history.  I
guess I will just create a Jira issue for infra and find out.

> Also we have an outstanding infra request to combine all the logging dev lists but I
don’t seem to have permission to view the status of it.

> Ralph
>
>> On Apr 5, 2017, at 8:19 PM, John D. Ament <johndament@apache.org <mailto:johndament@apache.org>>
wrote:

>> Ralph,
>>
>> Have you completed the process?  I see log4cxx is still listed as active in the incubator
records.

>> John
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 10:45 PM Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com <mailto:ralph.goers@dslextreme.com>>
wrote:
>> This vote has been open for more than 5 days. It received 5 +1 votes and no other
votes. So we will begin the process of moving the project back to Logging Services.

>> Ralph
>>
>> > On Mar 11, 2017, at 10:31 AM, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com <mailto:ralph.goers@dslextreme.com>>
wrote:

>> > Log4cxx was originally a sub-project of the Logging Services. In 2013 several
users became frustrated that they were submitting patches but there were no committers who
could apply them. The Logging Services PMC was not comfortable making them committers as that
would have given them commit rights to all the Logging Services projects, which at that time
were all hosted in Subversion. As a consequence Log4cxx became an incubator project in hopes
those who had expressed interest would start actively contributing to the project. After 3
1/2 years this has not had the hoped for result, although it does have more activity than
it did prior to entering the incubator.

>> > The Logging Services PMC believes there is no longer a point to having Log4cxx
remain in the incubator. The one active committer on Log4cxx has been voted in as a Logging
Services committer and the PMC has voted [1] to move the project back to Logging Services.
This is a vote for the incubator to affirm that move.

<https://mail-search.apache.org/pmc/private-arch/logging-private/201703.mbox/browser <https://mail-search.apache.org/pmc/private-arch/logging-private/201703.mbox/browser>>