incubator-general mailing list archives

From Sandhya Sundaresan <sandhya.sundare...@esgyn.com>
Subject RE: Guidance needed ( Apache Trafodion (incubating) release 2.1.0 )
Date Thu, 27 Apr 2017 18:24:11 GMT
Hello again,

The Trafodion podling needs some help and guidance from the IPMC on moving forward with its
current release (Trafodion R2.1).  A Vote has been pending since April 17th.  I've been following
the other thread on the "Incubator Governance Change" as well and the last message from Roman
about hollering on this list  if we aren't getting the mentorship needed.

So the situation now  is that of 3 mentors for the Trafodion project, 2 have been inactive.
Our third is on vacation and has been occupied/busy with other stuff. He has been helpful
with the past releases. We are pursuing a search for new mentors  on the side.

But for this immediate release, we are in the tail end of the voting process and lacking one
IPMC vote. I understand it does not have to be a mentor necessarily (although preferable).

We have the following  votes from :

Jean-Baptiste Onofré (binding)
John D Ament (binding)
Ivam Firestone

Original full thread
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/8eca13e52620d16c3f974bc5054d59af29fa98d30763d646829a3850@%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E

Seeking the advice and help  of the experts here on the best way forward for the  release
 at this point. Looks like the mentor search or governance change( if any) may take a while.
Maintaining the master branch as well as the current release branch is expensive. There's
are some prospects  awaiting the 2.1 release which contains several features and 300+ bugfixes.

We hope to be able to speed this up and move forward with some help from the community .

Thank you !
Sandhya