incubator-general mailing list archives

From Sandhya Sundaresan <sandhya.sundare...@esgyn.com>
Subject RE: Guidance needed ( Apache Trafodion (incubating) release 2.1.0 )
Date Thu, 27 Apr 2017 19:13:42 GMT
Thank you Taylor !  Yes we'll open a separate thread for the mentor search and give some more
background on the project and what specific help we'll need going forward.
Thanks
Sandhya

-----Original Message-----
From: P. Taylor Goetz [mailto:ptgoetz@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 27, 2017 11:56 AM
To: general@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Guidance needed ( Apache Trafodion (incubating) release 2.1.0 )

Hi Sandhya,

I’ll review your rc now and will respond today.

In the meantime I would suggest asking on general@ to see if anyone is available to help mentor
Trafodion (which you mostly have here). You may also want to privately touch base privately
with inactive mentors to see if the wish to continue in that role.

-Taylor

> On Apr 27, 2017, at 2:24 PM, Sandhya Sundaresan <sandhya.sundaresan@esgyn.com>
wrote:

> Hello again,
>
> The Trafodion podling needs some help and guidance from the IPMC on moving forward with
its current release (Trafodion R2.1).  A Vote has been pending since April 17th.  I've been
following the other thread on the "Incubator Governance Change" as well and the last message
from Roman about hollering on this list  if we aren't getting the mentorship needed.

> So the situation now  is that of 3 mentors for the Trafodion project, 2 have been inactive.
Our third is on vacation and has been occupied/busy with other stuff. He has been helpful
with the past releases. We are pursuing a search for new mentors  on the side.

> But for this immediate release, we are in the tail end of the voting process and lacking
one IPMC vote. I understand it does not have to be a mentor necessarily (although preferable).

> We have the following  votes from :
>
> Jean-Baptiste Onofré (binding)
> John D Ament (binding)
> Ivam Firestone
>
> Original full thread
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/8eca13e52620d16c3f974bc5054d59af29fa98d30763d646829a3850@%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E
>

> Seeking the advice and help  of the experts here on the best way forward for the  release
 at this point. Looks like the mentor search or governance change( if any) may take a while.
Maintaining the master branch as well as the current release branch is expensive. There's
are some prospects  awaiting the 2.1 release which contains several features and 300+ bugfixes.

> We hope to be able to speed this up and move forward with some help from the community
.

> Thank you !
> Sandhya

move forward with this release....

> Did your mentors review the release and vote?
> I don't see any of the names listed at [1] as having voted in this thread or the podling
vote thread, but maybe I missed something.