incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nick Couchman <nick.couch...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Help with Dependency Licensing
Date Tue, 11 Apr 2017 14:26:12 GMT
Hello, everyone,I'm currently working on the Guacamole incubator project, and am developing
an extension for the project that has dependencies on binaries (JARs via Maven) that are licensed
under Category-X licenses.  We've already determined that we cannot distribute a binary version
of this extension, but, since it is an extension (and not core to the functionality of the
product), we should be able to distribute the source code with build instructions for the
users.
The question I have is how we should deal with license bundling in this scenario?  In the
rest of this project, including other extensions, we bundle a src/licenses directory that
has all of the dependency licenses for the extension.  When the binary is built, a resulting
file has not only the binary for the extension, but also all of the dependency licenses.  Since
we're not distributing a binary, is there any reason/need for us to package up dependency
licenses?
Let me know if this needs more clarification - I know this might be a bit vague, but I'm in
new territory, here, and am happy to provide any further information that might help someone
help me :-).
Thanks,Nick