incubator-general mailing list archives

From Joe Francis <j...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>
Subject [PROPOSAL] Pulsar - proposal for Apache Incubation
Date Wed, 26 Apr 2017 21:19:20 GMT

Dear Apache Incubator Community,

We would like to submit the Pulsar proposal to the incubator.  Our draft is
available at:
    https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/PulsarProposal

A quick overview of Pulsar:

Pulsar is a highly scalable, low latency messaging platform running on
commodity hardware. It provides simple pub-sub semantics over topics,
guaranteed at-least-once delivery of messages, automatic cursor management for
subscribers, and cross-datacenter replication.

We are obviously looking for feedback and comments on the proposal, as well
as a few mentors.  Bryan Call has accepted to be our Champion.

Thank you,

-Joe Francis