incubator-general mailing list archives

From Joe Francis <j...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Pulsar - proposal for Apache Incubation
Date Thu, 27 Apr 2017 17:54:06 GMT
Dave,
Would be happy to have a technical conversation, let us know how you would prefer to have
it
Joe

    On Wednesday, April 26, 2017 7:49 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:

 Hi,

Sent from my iPhone

> On Apr 26, 2017, at 7:29 PM, John D. Ament <johndament@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Joe,
>
> Its customary to bring in the entire body of the proposal in the discussion
> thread.
>
> Its good to see that someone stepped up to be Champion.  You still need
> mentors.  Was Bryan planning to also mentor the project?  While he is a
> foundation member, he is not on the IPMC.
>
> Its great to see another messaging solution come to the ASF.  Does your
> platform support any formats like AMQP, STOMP?  Are there chances to share
> client libraries with ActiveMQ, Kafka or RocketMQ?

Or not. Using other projects is not necessarily relevant to whether or not the proposed podling
has a community.

I have to be careful about committing to Mentoring. I have some interest in such a project.
I'd want gave a technical conversation.

Regards,
Dave