incubator-general mailing list archives

From Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vino...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Atlas 0.8 (incubating) RC1
Date Thu, 16 Mar 2017 19:41:18 GMT
Great work, Atlas community!

Looked at the release, albeit a little late, per my check-list. We can look at the Side notes
lines for the next release.

 - Can compile from the release tag, skipping unit-tests: mvn clean install -DskipTests
   — Side notes: The compilation takes a long time, may be because I was starting off a
relatively clean .m2
 - Creating the package: mvn clean package -DskipTests passes.
    — The package name looks good: ./distro/target/apache-atlas-0.8-incubating-sources.tar.gz
/ ./distro/target/apache-atlas-0.8-incubating-bin.tar.gz
    — Side notes: mvn package after mvn clean install fails.
 - Rat check is good
    — mvn clean verify -DskipTests passes
    — Side notes: Though I expected "mvn apache-rat:check” to work
 - Integrity
    — KEYS present on https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/atlas/KEYS
    — Checksum checks out. In Hadoop, we generate other hashes too via a .mds file (gpg2
--print-mds). For future.
    — Release signatures look okay
 - LICENSE, NOTICE, DISCLAIMER files are located right
 - Side note: Publish info about maven artifacts for downstream users?

+1 binding.

Thanks
+Vinod