incubator-general mailing list archives

From "John D. Ament" <johndam...@apache.org>
Subject New Incubator Logo Selection Results
Date Sat, 18 Mar 2017 00:03:53 GMT
Dear Apache Incubator PMC,

On behalf of the Apache Incubator PMC logo selection committee it is our
pleasure to announce the new logo.

This selection was chosen from results collected on the mailing list with
minor cosmetic alterations. All submissions for the new logo were of great
quality and it was a tough decision to choose just one. Though we do feel
that this design has great symbolic representation with the incubator and
builds upon the previous logo.

The committee also requested an alternate design for specific cases where
gradients are not preferred. This design could be used on printed documents
where gradients do not always print well; black and white versions have
also been made. You can expect all versions in a range of formats (svg,
pdf, png) to be available in the coming weeks.

In order to aid the transition from the old design to the new, a collection
of examples for the “powered by” format will be made available as the PMC
will require projects to retire old forms of these logos. We would like to
see all incubating projects updated to use the new logos by the end of June
at the latest. The PMC will use the incubating reports as a method to track
which projects are compliant.

We hope that the PMC is happy with the choice of the committee and would
like to thank the designers for submitting some excellent designs.

As of when this is being sent, all assets provided by the artist + one
addition from John to update our twitter logo have been committed to SVN
and published to our website.  The commit with the information for the
locations of the graphics can be found at
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/fa8c714d9a7fc45f23cf48a7fdbab3f751dc857835df6ca512197e7b@%3Ccvs.incubator.apache.org%3E

Regards,
Apache Incubator Logo Selection Committee