incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: GitHub workflows?
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2017 09:39:56 GMT
Hi Niclas,

let me take the Beam example:

- Issues are on Apache Jira (not GitHub issues)
- We have a pull request. If a discussion happens on the mailing list
cover than specific to the pull request, then, we start the discussion
on the mailing list.
- We don't consider pull request comments as discussions, we use dev
mailing list to larger discussion.

Regards
JB

On 03/06/2017 05:53 AM, Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> Thanks Daniel, I should have thought of that, since that is how I noticed
> it.
>
> So, then the question should have been;
>
> Are we ok with podlings using GH "Issues" instead of ASF-hosted issue
> tracker?
>
> Are we ok that discussions happen on pull requests and commits?
>

> I am a little bit uneasy about it, but does the Incubator as a whole have
> an opinion/resolution on it?
>

> Cheers
> Niclas
>
> On Mon, Mar 6, 2017 at 11:58 AM, Daniel Gruno <humbedooh@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> On 03/06/2017 04:56 AM, Niclas Hedhman wrote:
>>> Everyone,
>>> I need to get an understanding of the use of GitHub workflows on Apache
>>> projects.
>>>
>>> In GH, it is possible to comment on commits and pull requests. Are those
>>> captured by infra@ and replicated somewhere, or is this "lost data" (I
>>> suspect) in case GitHub goes out of business?
>>
>> Pull requests and issues are relayed back to the projects' mailing
>> list(s) automatically. Check, for instance,
>> https://lists.apache.org/list.html?issues@trafficserver.apache.org
>>

>>> Cheers

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org