incubator-general mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <els...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Incubator Quickstep 0.1.0 RC6
Date Thu, 16 Mar 2017 22:49:54 GMT

Marc Spehlmann wrote:
> Thank you for reviewing Apache Quickstep 0.1.0 rc6 (incubating), everyone.
> With this I will close the vote.
>
> +1
> Julian (binding)
> Jignesh
>
> -1
> Josh (binding)
>
> As we received one -1 binding vote, we will not release rc6.
>
> ___
>
> The biggest issue seems to be our licensing checks.
>
> Now Fixed:
>    - third_party/src/cpplint/lint_everything.py
>    - ./parser/preprocessed/genfiles.sh
>    - ./query_execution/ForemanDistributed.cpp (not sure about the origin of
> this and the following three)
>    - ./query_execution/ForemanDistributed.hpp
>    - ./query_execution/PolicyEnforcerDistributed.cpp
>    - ./query_execution/PolicyEnforcerDistributed.hpp
>    - We checked the KEYS in the svn repo against the signed artifact and the
> sig is fine, it was just my info which was old on the people.apache site ->
> now updated.
>    - Our website has been updated to include the logo and reword "apache
> quickstep (incubating)".
>
> In progress:
> - We're reviewing what exactly goes in LICENSE/NOTICE files and will fix
> them for the next release.

Feel free to ping if you'd like me to look over what you have put
together before you spent time on the next RC. I can also provide some
other examples of a LICENSE file which would look "similar".

> Not Fixed:
>    - Julian turned us on to a previous issue with pre-processed parser
> files. It appears the content in /parser/preprocessed/ should be fine via
> discussion on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LEGAL-291

Thanks for this pointer! I thought something like this might have been
the case (but was too lazy to parse it ;))

> Thank you,
> Marc

- Josh