incubator-general mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <els...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Incubator Quickstep 0.1.0 RC6
Date Thu, 16 Mar 2017 20:08:05 GMT
-1 (binding)

* xsums/sigs OK

The key you provided isn't the one that was used to sign this release,
FYI. You have D280F52E up on your people space, but used 5A29899A to
sign this release.

* Artifact starts with "apache-quickstep" and includes "incubating"
* DISCLAIMER present
* Missing LICENSE text for bundled software
* Can build from source

cpplint and glog are bundled and licensed under 3-clause BSD, but this
text is not included in your LICENSE file. farmhash is MIT licensed and
also not listed in your LICENSE file. When you create these entries in
LICENSE, you can also move the copyright text from the NOTICE file and
place it in the LICENSE file as a convenience.

It appears that you bundle Google Protobuf and that is 3-clause BSD and
also absent. Same for IWYU ("Include what you use").

* `./parser/preprocessed/*` seems to be licensed as GPLv3 from the
header which is a no-go.

* Some missing/inaccurate license headers. Are these of Quickstep's
creation? Bundled from somewhere else?
   - third_party/src/cpplint/lint_everything.py (I'm guessing this is of
your own creation, I don't see this in the cpplint github repo)
   - ./parser/preprocessed/genfiles.sh
   - ./query_execution/ForemanDistributed.cpp (not sure about the origin
of this and the following three)
   - ./query_execution/ForemanDistributed.hpp
   - ./query_execution/PolicyEnforcerDistributed.cpp
   - ./query_execution/PolicyEnforcerDistributed.hpp

gflags is listed in NOTICE but not bundled (at least at the noted
location). Strike this text or fix the location at which it is bundled.

Aside: took a look at your website. A few comments:

* ASF incubator text is there. Good work.
* If you could include the incubator logo, that would also be good (per
policy).
* Typically podlings refer to themselves as "Apache Quickstep
(incubating)" instead of "Apache (incubating) Quickstep" as in the
header in the landing page :)

Pretty close, but just a couple of bad licensing things to clean up
here. Please feel free to ask if what I pointed out is unclear/wrong.

- Josh