incubator-general mailing list archives

From Craig Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Return Log4cxx to the Logging Services project
Date Thu, 16 Mar 2017 00:53:14 GMT
+1

looks like a good solution to a sticky problem.

Craig

> On Mar 11, 2017, at 9:31 AM, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:
>
> Log4cxx was originally a sub-project of the Logging Services. In 2013 several users became
frustrated that they were submitting patches but there were no committers who could apply
them. The Logging Services PMC was not comfortable making them committers as that would have
given them commit rights to all the Logging Services projects, which at that time were all
hosted in Subversion. As a consequence Log4cxx became an incubator project in hopes those
who had expressed interest would start actively contributing to the project. After 3 1/2 years
this has not had the hoped for result, although it does have more activity than it did prior
to entering the incubator.

> The Logging Services PMC believes there is no longer a point to having Log4cxx remain
in the incubator. The one active committer on Log4cxx has been voted in as a Logging Services
committer and the PMC has voted [1] to move the project back to Logging Services. This is
a vote for the incubator to affirm that move.

> [] +1 Move the project back to Logging Services
> [] +0 I don’t care where the project resides
> [] -1 The project should remain in the incubator because …
>

> [1] https://mail-search.apache.org/pmc/private-arch/logging-private/201703.mbox/browser
<https://mail-search.apache.org/pmc/private-arch/logging-private/201703.mbox/browser>

Craig L Russell
clr@apache.org