incubator-general mailing list archives

From Von Gosling <vongosl...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE]: Release Apache RocketMQ 4.0.0(incubating) (RC3)
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2017 07:07:52 GMT
> IMO it best to follow current documentation than copy what other projects may of done.

Agreed. That’s why i hope some clear official documentation to be polished, rather than
scatter in every apache project  :-)

BTW, in order to help our guys, we also arrange 2 articles in website about apache PR best
practice[1] and distribution process[2] following our mentor justin guidance endeavor in many
apache projects. and continue to polish these guidance. I hope we can offer help or feedback
If official documentations need to be polished in these points.

[1] http://rocketmq.incubator.apache.org/docs/pull-request/ <http://rocketmq.incubator.apache.org/docs/pull-request/>
[2] http://rocketmq.incubator.apache.org/docs/release-manual <http://rocketmq.incubator.apache.org/docs/release-manual>

> 在 2017年2月17日,14:47,Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> 写道:
>
> Hi,
>
>> I also want to know the correct distribution about NOTICE and LICENSE. also including
the LICENSE and LICENSE-BIN(why we must list the 2 different license files when in source
and bundle)..

> As explained on the dev list you need different NOTICE and LICENSE files because their
contents are different.

>> it seems to different in many apache projects .we are confused when refering these
projects )

> There's not always consistency among projects and there are often multiple ways of dealing
with the some issue. In a few cases policy or best practice has changed over time and the
project has not kept up to date. IMO it best to follow current documentation than copy what
other projects may of done.