incubator-general mailing list archives

From "John D. Ament" <johndam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Traffic Control 1.8.0-incubating (RC9)
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2017 21:00:07 GMT
On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 3:05 PM Marvin Humphrey <marvin@rectangular.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 11:58 AM, Dan Kirkwood <dangogh@apache.org> wrote:
> > You're right -- fixing the license file is not a huge effort (now that
> > we understand what's expected..).  The effort is in going thru the
> > voting process again..
> >
> > I'll go with whatever you recommend..
>
> Folks, we're on RC *nine*.  The IPMC has the discretion to apply the
> "does it put the Foundation at risk" test for releases which don't
> follow policy yet are still legal.  This would seem like a good time
> to be flexible.

While we're on RC9, the IPMC has only been presented with 2 votes.  I have
no idea what happened between RC5 and RC9.

Personally, the reason why I'm asking about the impact is to better make a
judgment call on whether to block or not.  I don't particularly see why
we're now being jumped on over this fact.