incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE]: Release Apache RocketMQ 4.0.0(incubating) (RC3)
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2017 00:45:44 GMT
Hi,

> - README points to "rocketmq community" as a github page

Yes they are aware this is an issue.

> - fastjson (missing NOTICE)

Why is this an issue? Fastjson is mentioned in LICENSE and the 3rd party repo contains no
NOTICE file (which is rather common sadly).

> - commons-cli (missing NOTICE)

The commons cli doesn’t contain anything that needs to be propagated into our NOTICE AFAICS.

> - NOTICE points to non-existent file LICENSE.<component>.txt

We missed that, but it is referring to dependancies that not are not bundled. I’d suggest
to fix we just remove that paragraph.

> - LICENSE-BIN mentions “ASL2"

This is because an Apache commons (probably incorrectly) project we bundle has this in it’s
NOTICE file.

Thanks,
Justin