incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE]: Release Apache RocketMQ 4.0.0(incubating) (RC3)
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2017 06:47:26 GMT
Hi,

> I also want to know the correct distribution about NOTICE and LICENSE. also including
the LICENSE and LICENSE-BIN(why we must list the 2 different license files when in source
and bundle)..

As explained on the dev list you need different NOTICE and LICENSE files because their contents
are different.

> it seems to different in many apache projects .we are confused when refering these projects
)

There's not always consistency among projects and there are often multiple ways of dealing
with the some issue. In a few cases policy or best practice has changed over time and the
project has not kept up to date. IMO it best to follow current documentation than copy what
other projects may of done.

> IMO, if have some clear guide for this problem. may be a good help for our incubator
project :-)

The best guidance that I know of can be find here [1] and in the legal how to. [2]

This example I made some time ago may also help. [3][4]

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html
2. https://www.apache.org/legal/resolved